Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wizard Knitting

Hello all! 

Welcome to my blog, You knit some, you purl some. I am not new to the knitting world, just to the knitting-blogging world! I have been knitting on and off since I was eight, when I fist taught myself but really got into it fall of 2006 when I was overwhelmed by an intense junior year in high school and the projects have yet to stop flying off the needles. I am 18, an avid reader and I  love my cat, Louis XIV, who of course also loves my knitting with an (overly) fervent passion and can often make it difficult. Although I am up to my ears in U.F.O.'s, I never seem to be able to resist a new project. That being said...meet my newest obsession.


The pattern can also be found in Alison Hansel's book Charmed Knits.

I have desperately wanted one since I was eight and our dear friend Harry received one from Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Now, ten years later I have finally accumulated the skill, pattern and motivation to knit it. I have convinced Claire, my sister, and Kirstyn, fellow HP fan and friend extrodinaire, to knit-a-long.

Our yarn of choice is Cascade Ecological Wool and Eco+. I went with a lovely heather grey, color 8020(and its totally undyed...how cool!), while Kirstyn opted for 9006, an adorable double stranded yarn  in white and grey and Claire just had to be unique and go with color 2749, a delightful shade of Macaroni and Cheese. 

Now this is a big deal. Claire, does not knit. In public, that is. Kirstyn and I plan to knit away the last six days of our senior year, but Claire adamantly refuses to knit anywhere but the secrecy of our house or the car. Regardless of the fact that her friends find it TOTALLY cool that she knits. Oh well. She is nothing if not determined, so it will get done.  

I have finished the back and began work on the front(much to the dismay of my fellow knitters). I'm planning on using duplicate stitch for the letter on the front and am hoping to find a pattern for a "G" but I could deal with an "H" as well. 

I promise pictures will follow soon!

No comments: